Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome to AJ Hardcourt and Boys in Blue!

Thank you for the invitation to tell you about the inspiration behind my latest story, Boys In Blue available from www.demandingromance.com.

Most of my stories start out the same way. I have a glimmer of an idea for a plot and setting, and a strong sense of who the characters are. I just have to figure out their story. At this time, all my works are short stories, most under 10k words. Hot men with hard bodies—men who love sex. I have an “appreciation” for men with ripped ads, strong shoulders and thick, sculpted thighs. I hope readers see that I write stories to show characters accepting their faults, risking for relationships…and having hot, sweaty sex along the way.

In Boys In Blue, I understood Adrian from the beginning. For me personally, and probably for reasons I’d rather not explore, I relate to characters who want someone they don’t believe they can have. The reasons are never the same from story to story.

In Boys In Blue, Adrian has lusted after Owen for years. The conflict comes into play because Owen and Adrian’s brother, Danny, were best friends. Owen and Danny had been partners on the force, he had been the best man at Danny’s wedding…and been the pall bearer at Danny’s funeral when he was killed in the line of duty.

Now Adrian is following in his brother’s footsteps. He’s joined the Boston PD and tonight, he’s welcomed into the fold. Only Owen has a few secrets of his own. He’s secretly wanted Adrian for years. But how was he supposed to tell his partner on the force, and best friend that he wanted to date his little brother? Now Danny is gone and his feelings for Adrian haven’t lessened. He’s ready to take a chance. He doesn’t just want Adrian for his partner on the force, but also in life.

Blurb:
 
Adrian O’Rourke is the new rookie in the Boston PD. Tonight he’s buying rounds and bonding with his fellow boys in blue. The only officer Adrian wants to bond with is Owen Murphy.

However, Owen and Adrian have history. Will memories of the past stand between them or will Owen take Adrian as his partner…in and out of the uniform?

Excerpt:

“What the fuck are you doing?” Owen leaned against the door, his hands balled into fists at his side.

Should Adrian apologize? Pretend ignorance? “Drinking, celebrating. Buying all my friends a beer. Come on, let me buy you another one.” He took a step toward the door. “I could use another round myself.”

“I think you’ve had enough.”

“I think I can make that decision on my own.” Owen continued to block the door. “Fuck you, Owen.” He didn’t want to be taken care of. He needed Owen to see him as a man, one of the guys on the beat—or nothing. He had to step out of Danny’s shadow. At work and in life. “I’m not Danny’s little brother anymore. You don’t need to babysit me.”

“Is that what you think I want?” Owen pushed Adrian against a stack of crates closing the space between them. “You’ll always be Danny’s little brother, but believe me I’m not looking to babysit you.”

Adrian inhaled sharply. Owen’s breath, carrying the sweet scent of Irish whiskey, warmed Adrian’s lips. Owen braced his palms flat against the crate, framing Adrian within the circumference of his arms.

“I don’t know what you want.”

Owen growled. “Aside from what I’ve always wanted?”

“And what would that be?”

“Christ Adrian, I was always so scared Danny would see through me. If he knew my thoughts, knew what I wanted to do to his little brother he would have kicked my ass.”

“What do you want to do because if you’re about to kiss me, god, please don’t make me wait.” He hesitantly rested his hands on Owen’s hips. The moment was heavy, poignant for both of them. Adrian could barely breathe as he waited for Owen to say…to do something…anything.

“I’ve been waiting for you, hoping you felt the same. The way you’ve spoken to me tonight. The way you look at me. Fuck, do you know what you do to me?” He rocked his pelvis into Adrian’s. His cock was hard, stretching the denim of his jeans. “I need you, but I don’t want to push you into something you don’t want.”

Adrian stared hard at Owen. All the years of longing, of pining for this man. “Why didn’t you ever say anything?” Owen took a breath to speak, but Adrian cut him off. “Never mind. I don’t care why.”

He crashed his lips onto Owen’s. He kept his eyes open—couldn’t look away, could risk missing a moment of the rapture on Owen’s face—as he guided his mouth over Owen’s, tasting the seam, wanting inside. Owen parted his lips and Adrian dipped in for the first delicious taste. Lips sealed to lips, sending a shiver of awareness, hotter than lightning, streaking down Adrian’s spine, searing a trail into his balls and warming him from cock to buttocks. He shifted his head, opened wider and claimed Owen’s mouth. Tongue rubbed along tongue. Hot. Wet. Passionate.

Owen groaned and at the same time, gripped Adrian’s ass and urged him closer, grinding his cock into Adrian’s rigid erection already leaking pre-cum. Owen’s body was hard beneath Adrian’s fingertips as he navigated his way to Owen’s ass.

Hands were everywhere, stroking, gripping, trying to get closer. Adrian slipped his fingers under Owen’s shirt at his lower back and into the waistband of Owen’s jeans, trekking his fingertips over the curve of Owen’s ass.

Owen growled, pivoted and pinned Adrian to the wall. “I’ve wanted this…wanted you for so long.” With a slow gyration, he swiveled his hips and created an intense erotic friction between their bodies.

Adrian buried his nose against Owen’s flesh, nuzzling him just beneath his ear. The tease of his cologne, the masculine scent of his flesh, left him dizzy with desire. Desire to kiss and touch where they had more privacy. He flicked his tongue against Owen’s neck. “I need you now,” he pleaded. “Does the door lock?” He wedged his hand between them and traced the edge of Owen’s erection, grazing the rounded head through his jeans with his fingertips.

Owen rested his forehead against Adrian’s. Noses touching long the sides. The moment was intimate, promising a deeper connection. “I remember the day Danny introduced us.”

“So do I.” As if it were yesterday. Danny had brought Owen to a family barbecue for the Fourth of July. That night, watching the fireworks, Danny and Julie had kissed as they sat on a blanket. Owen had stared into the sky…and Adrian had stared at Owen.

“You’d just come in from playing basketball with friends. Your shorts hung on your hips.” Owen braced his hands on Adrian’s hips. “You weren’t wearing a shirt. Sweat slicked your chest.” He tugged on the hem of Adrian’s shirt. Adrian lifted his arms and Owen stripped it off. “I watched a drop. Wanted to trace it with my tongue.” He trailed a finger around Adrian’s nipple. Adrian shivered and his stomach clenched. “You were so young.”

He palmed Owen’s cock. “Old enough to know then that I was attracted to you.” A smile played over his mouth remembering how hard his cock had been, and how he’d been so scared that someone would notice. That someone would figure out he was into guys. He’d been in high school. Maybe he had been too young then. He wasn’t now.

Adrian tugged on the snap of Owen’s jeans, peeled opened the denim and slipped his hand into the front, cupping the warm, swollen length of Owen’s cock.

“Oh, yes,” Owen said on a breath, covered Adrian’s hand with his own, and pressed hard into his palm.

Their lips met again as Adrian worked his fingers into the front of Owen’s tight sexy underwear. The kisses were divine. Tongues, lips, teeth. Adrian sucked and nibbled, eating at Owen’s mouth. Finally he had Owen’s hard heated shaft in his palm, his fingers curling around the girth. Pre-cum moistened the crown. With a gentle touch, Adrian traced the flared rim and followed the thick pulsing vein running the underside.

Adrian inched back. “I’m about to commit a lewd act in public.” He smiled as he slowly dropped to his knees.

www.DemandingRomance.com

No comments: